PharmaBoardroom Releases New Thailand Pharmaceuticals Report
Pharmaboardroom today releases the Thailand Healthcare and Life Sciences Report 2015, “Mastering the Art of Resilience”.
The report offers companies, investors, policymakers, and stakeholders with an interest in healthcare, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences insights into a country already leading the way in Southeast Asia and with the potential to grow further.
With a burgeoning middle class and aging population the demand for healthcare is stronger than ever in Thailand. As the country is the number one destination for medical tourism in the world, a member of ASEAN and of the forthcoming ASEAN Economic Community, greater understanding of the Thai pharma and healthcare sectors is vital for all stakeholders.
It features interviews with senior executives from major companies in Thailand and leaders of some of the country’s most important institutions, updated facts and figures on Thailand’s healthcare and pharma sectors, and feature stories.
- Healthcare in Thailand
How Thailand remains a good country to do business in despite political and economic uncertainty and how the country’s universal healthcare system positions it as a regional leader.
- Thailand’s Pharmaceuticals Market
How companies are adapting to the rapidly changing Thai market and the roles of growing wealth, aging and medical tourism in stimulating demand for medicine.
- Research and Development
How the Thai state has identified R&D as an essential tool to help escape the middle-income trap and is now investing heavily in it.
The report includes interviews and conversations with:
- Judy Benn, American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- Nopporn Cheanklin, Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO)
- John Clare, DKSH Thailand
- Nares Damrongchai, Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (TCELS).
- Tatsuya Ikeda, Daiichi Sankyo (full interview)
- Toyoyuki Kamide, OLIC
- Busakorn Lerswatanasivalee, Thai Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers Association (PReMA)
- Christian Malherbe, Pfizer
- Yongvut Saovapruk, Thailand Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (TISTR)
- Renate Schirrow, ACLIRES
- Boonchai Somboonsook, Thai Food & Drug Administration
- Sirilak Suteekul, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Annie Tan, BMS
- Prapol Thanachotipan, T. Man Pharma
- Somchet Thinapong, National Innovation Agency (NIA)
- “Thailand always manages to maintain an economically safe environment for international companies to do business in.” Judy Benn, American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- “Across the board we see strong potential. Growth rates in pharmaceuticals and OTC drugs are promising. The medical devices segment particularly shows strong growth.” John Clare, DKSH Thailand
- “Thailand has become an economic center for Southeast Asia and has helped shape the healthcare and life sciences field for the region by promoting its own universal healthcare scheme.” Tatsuya Ikeda, Daiichi Sankyo
- “The current government supports R&D in Thailand and the budget for R&D is gradually moving from 0.4 to 3 percent.” Yongvut Saovapruk, Thailand Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (TISTR)