The FT Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Conference is the benchmark event for the industry, attended by senior industry executives and financial professionals from around the world. Celebrating its 37th year, the conference will focus a critical eye on the forces set to transform the industry in the years ahead.
Pricing pressures in the US and a growing number of markets globally have already set in motion a search for new and innovative payment models, while the rise of ultra-expensive, potentially curative gene and cell therapies has brought to the fore a heated discussion about the sustainability of the industry’s underlying economic and funding model.
With a host of ‘new entrants’ in the shape of big-tech and consumer-centric start-ups nibbling at pharma’s heels in the emerging prevention and wellness space, meanwhile, pharma faces competition on an increasing number of fronts. Success in the new data and patient-centric world which is emerging will increasingly depend on forging relationships with patients sustained on trust and building new business models for the future.
At the FT Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Conference, attendees will:
- Debate the role of super clusters and industrial strategy in creating a ‘big bang’ in life sciences
- Discover how China’s novel approaches to R&D, data and digital health are creating innovate treatment and service models
- Discuss what it takes for pharma to win in population health management and the business of prevention
- Learn how innovative gene-based therapies are transforming the industry paradigm from treatment to cure and the pricing strategies to manage it.
- Envision the future of diagnostics and personalised medicine
- Hear from leading fund managers, corporate venturers, and other investors on where they are placing bets in pharma
- Be part of the discussion on value and evidence and the challenge of managing the increasing volume and complexity of big data
A few of the 53 speakers include:
Emma Walmsley, CEO, GlaxoSmithKline
Stefan Oelrich, Member of the Board of Management and President Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG
Marie-France Tschudin, President Pharmaceuticals, Novartis
Kåre Schultz, President and CEO, Teva
About the Financial Times
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.