Bayer Austria GmbH
Address: Herbststrasse 6 – 10, Wien 1160,Austria
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. As an inventor company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve the quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and acts as a socially and ethically responsible corporate citizen. In the fiscal year 2011, the Group employed about 112,000 people and had sales of €36.5 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to €1.7 billion, R&D expenses to €2.9 billion.
Bayer HealthCare, a subgroup of Bayer AG with annual sales of € 17.2 billion (2011), is one of the world’s leading, innovative companies in the healthcare and medical products industry and is based in Leverkusen, Germany. The company combines the global activities of the Animal Health, Consumer Care, Medical Care and Pharmaceuticals divisions.
Bayer HealthCare’s aim is to discover, develop, manufacture and market products that will improve human and animal health worldwide. Bayer HealthCare has a global workforce of 55,700 employees (Dec 31, 2011) and is represented in more than 100 countries.
Products and services
Bayer in Austria
The Austrian subsidiary Bayer Austria GmbH was founded in 1970. Bayer Austria is responsible for marketing, sales and medical advice for all Bayer products. Since 2009 the country group Southeast Europe is led by Bayer Austria.
The globally operating HealthCare subgroup is divided into various segments:
• General Medicine offers cardiovascular health products, antibiotics and a hemophilia A therapy.
• Specialty Medicine offers treatments in the fields of multiple sclerosis, oncology, and ophthalmology.
• Women’s and Men’s Healthcare includes contraceptives, hormone replacement therapies, therapies for erectile dysfunction and low testosterone levels.
• Consumer Care comprises non-prescription medicines, dietary supplements and dermatology products.
• Diabetes Care offers blood glucose meters.
• The focus of Animal Health is primarily on treating infectious diseases and repelling parasites.
• Radiology & Interventional delivers contrast-enhanced diagnostic imaging equipment together with the necessary contrast agents, and mechanical systems for treating constricted or blocked blood vessels.