Address: Erembodegem-Dorp 86, 9320 EREMBODEGEM, Belgium,Netherlands
Tel: +32 (0)53 720 211
BD is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The Company is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing research, discovery and production of new drugs and vaccines. BD’s capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world’s most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs approximately 29,000 associates in more than 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public. For more information, please visit www.bd.com.
The Benelux activities of BD started in Belgium in 1970, in Erembodegem. It is the sales headquarters of the Benelux markets, and hosts the European headquarters for BD Biosciences as well as European distribution center in Temse.
Products and services
BD Medical is among the world’s leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery since 1906, when the Company built the first-ever facility in the U.S. to manufacture needles and syringes. The BD Medical segment is focused on providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, enhance diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery.
• Needles and syringes
• Intravenous catheters
• Safety-engineered and auto-disable devices
• Prefillable drug delivery systems
• Prefilled IV flush syringes
• Insulin syringes and pen needles
• Regional anesthesia needles and trays
• Sharps disposal containers
BD Diagnostics is a leading provider of products for the safe collection and transport of diagnostics specimens, as well as instruments and reagent systems to accurately detect a broad range of infectious diseases, healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and cancers. The BD Diagnostics segment focuses on improving health outcomes for patients and providing laboratories with solutions that improve quality, enhance laboratory system productivity and inform medical decisions.
• Integrated systems for specimen collection
• Safety-engineered blood collection products and systems
• Automated blood culturing systems
• Molecular testing systems for sexually transmitted diseases and HAIs
• Microorganism identification and drug susceptibility systems
• Liquid-based cytology systems for cervical cancer screening
• Rapid diagnostic assays
• Plated media
BD Biosciences is a world leader in bringing innovative diagnostic and research tools to life scientists, clinical researchers, laboratory professionals and clinicians who are involved in basic research, drug discovery and development, biopharmaceutical production and disease management. The BD Biosciences segment is focused on continually advancing the science and applications associated with cellular analysis and products that help grow living cells and tissue.
• Fluorescence-activated cell sorters and analyzers
• Monoclonal antibodies and kits for cell analysis
• Reagent systems for life science research
• Cell imaging systems
• Laboratory products for tissue culture and fluid handling
• Cell culture media supplements for biopharmaceutical manufacturing