GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceuticals Ltd. India
Address: GSK House, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai 400030, India
Tel: +91 22 24959595
Established in the year 1924 in India GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GSK Rx India) is one of the oldest pharmaceuticals company and employs over 3500 people. Globally, we are a USD 45 billion, leading, research-based healthcare and pharmaceutical company. In India, we are one of the market leaders with a turnover of Rs. 2003 crore and a share of 5.0%*. At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. This mission drives us to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people with our commitment to effective healthcare solutions.
The GSK India product portfolio includes prescription medicines and vaccines. Our prescription medicines range across therapeutic areas such as anti-infectives, dermatology, gynaecology, diabetes, oncology, cardiovascular disease and respiratory diseases. The company is the market leader in most of the therapeutic categories in which it operates. GSK also offers a range of vaccines, for the prevention of hepatitis A, hepatitis B, invasive disease caused by H, influenzae, chickenpox, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, rotavirus, cervical cancer and others.
With opportunities in India opening up, GSK India is aligning itself with the parent company in areas such as clinical trials, clinical data management, global pack management, sourcing raw material and support for business processes including analytics.
GSK‘s best-in-class field force, backed by a nation-wide network of stockists, ensures that the Company’s products are readily available across the nation. GSK has two manufacturing units in India, located at Nashik and Thane as well as a clinical development centre in Bangalore. The state of art plant at Nashik makes formulations while bulk drugs and the active pharmaceutical ingredients are manufactured at Thane.
Being a leader brings responsibility towards the communities in which we operate. At GSK, we have a Corporate Social Responsibility program that works towards fulfilling basic healthcare, education and other developmental needs of the underserved population. With this dedication and commitment, we believe that the world will be better, healthier and happier.
GSK is committed to developing new and effective healthcare solutions. The values on which the group was founded have always inspired growth and will continue to do so in times to come.
* [Source: ORG IMS Indian Purchase Audit (IIPA), Sept MAT 2010]
Products and services
• In India, GSK is one of the market leaders with a turnover of Rs. 2003 crore and a share of 5.0 percent
[source: IMS Indian Purchase Audit (IIPA), Sept MAT 2010]
• GSK leads in several therapeutic segments – dermatology, anti-helmentics, hormones
[source: IIPA,Sept MAT 2010]
• GSK has 7 products in the top 50 brands, and the top five GSK products are Augmentin, Calpol, Ceftum, Phexin, and Betnesol
[source: IIPA, Sept MAT 2010]
• GSK‘s vaccines division is ranked first in a fast-growing vaccines market. Some leading products in India are Havrix, Varilrix,Rotarix,Hiberix and Cervarix
[source: Vaccines audit June MAT 2010]
• GSK India’s R&D centres at Thane and Nashik have been granted recognition by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India
• The number of clinical studies conducted in India is rapidly growing across a range of therapy areas
• GSK India’s social responsibility programmes focus on development of under developed villages, women, children and aged, specifically in the areas of healthcare and education