Established in 1973, MEDEC is the national association representing Canada’s innovative medical technology (medtech) industry. Representing approximately 150 medtech companies (ranging from Canadian-owned to multinationals), MEDEC works closely with the federal and provincial-territorial governments, health professionals, patients and other stakeholders to deliver a patient-centred, safe, accessible, innovative and sustainable, universal healthcare system supported by the use of medical technology.
MEDEC is governed by a Board of Directors representing the diverse perspectives and experiences of its members from across the country.
Serving as an essential partner in providing better health and more sustainable healthcare for Canadians.
MEDEC speaks with one voice for Canada’s medical technology companies in advocating for a responsive, safe and sustainable healthcare system that is enabled by the use of Medical Technology. For more than 40 years, MEDEC has delivered essential programs and services to its member companies (members), including:
• Serving as a trusted thought leader on current issues affecting the medtech industry, the healthcare system and international trade
• Providing access and strategic opportunities for collaboration with government and other health partners
• Delivering timely communications and advocacy tools on key issues that matter to members
• Hosting timely educational sessions to keep members current on industry trends, legislative and policy initiatives at the federal and provincial-territorial level
• Hosting practical forums to accelerate knowledge transfer and the exchange of best practices
• Promoting broad awareness about medical technology’s contributions to patient care, the healthcare system and to the broader economy.