Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD)
Address: 3rd Flr DOST Main Building, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City 1631,Philippines
Tel: +632 837-7534
The Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) is one of the five sectoral councils of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). PCHRD is a forward-looking, partnership-based national body responsible for coordinating and monitoring health research activities in the country. Since its founding on 17 March 1982 through Executive Order No.784, PCHRD has brought technical excellence with a soul into fulfilling its mandate.
The primordial source of health research leadership and direction in the country, PCHRD resolves to foster healthier and more productive lives among the Filipinos through health research and development (R&D).
Products and services
As the focal point for health research and development (R&D) in the country:
1. We provide leadership and direction in health and related R&D activities
2. We rationalize investment in science and technology through a system of review of ongoing and pipeline projects in the government sector, and by influencing the private sector to support and implement projects that are in consonance with the Health Science and Technology Plan
3. We develop and strengthen human and infrastructure resources of the health research network
4. We implement a research utilization program to ensure that research products are properly disseminated among and utilized by their intended users
5. We facilitate the identification and packaging of health technologies for adoption and commercialization by both government and private sectors
6. We generate additional resources for health R&D by pursuing active collaboration with local and international funding agencies