The ins and outs of product liability in Venezuelan Pharma. Prepared in association with Hoet Pelaez Castillo & Duque (HPCD), a leading law firm in Venezuela, this is an extract from The Pharma Legal Handbook:Venezuela, available to purchase here for USD 99.
1. What types of liability are recognized in your jurisdiction?
Civil, criminal and administrative liability.
2. How do these types of liabilities apply to the manufacturers of medicines and devices?
The 3 types of responsibilities apply.
3. Does potential liability extend to the manufacturer only or could claims extend to corporate executives, employees, and representatives?
Potential liability may also extend to corporate executives, employees and representatives.
4. How can a liability claim be brought?
The way in which a claim of liability must be initiated will depend on whether it refers to civil, criminal or administrative liability.
5. What defences are available?
The defense will depend on the type of responsibility attributed. Our constitutional text establishes the principle of due process applicable to all judicial and administrative proceedings. In addition to, it affirms the inviolability of the right to defense and legal assistance.